1. Lukewarm people attend church fairly regularly. It is what is expected of them, what they believe “good Christians” do, so they go. Isaiah 29:13
2. Lukewarm people give money to charity and to the church as long as it doesn’t impinge on their standard of living. If they have a little extra and it is easy and safe to give, they do so, After all, God loves a cheerful giver, right? 1 Chronicles 21:24, Luke 21:1-4
3. Lukewarm people tend to choose what is popular over what is right when they are in conflict. They desire to fit in both at church and outside of church; they care more about what people think of their actions (like church attendance and giving) than what God thinks of their hearts and lives. Luke 6:26, Revelation 3:1, Matthew 23:5-7 4.
4: Lukewarm people don’t really want to be saved from their sin; they want only to be saved from the penalty of their sin. They don’t genuinely hate sin and aren’t truly sorry for it; they’re merely sorry because God is going to punish them. Lukewarm people don’t really believe that this new life Jesus offers is better than the old sinful one. John 10:10, Romans 6:1-2.
5. Lukewarm people are moved by stories of people who do radical things for Christ, yet they do not act. They assume such action is for “extreme” Christians, not average ones. Lukewarm people call “radical” what Jesus expected of all His followers. James 1:22, James 4:17, Matthew 21:28-31
6. Lukewarm people rarely share their faith with their neighbors, coworkers, or friends. They do not want to be rejected, nor do they want to make people uncomfortable by talking about private issues like religion. Matthew 10:32-33
7. Lukewarm people gauge their morality or “goodness” by comparing themselves to the secular world. They feel satisfied that while they aren’t as hard-core for Jesus as so-and-so, they are nowhere as horrible as the guy down the street. Luke 18:11-12
8. Lukewarm people say they love Jesus, and He is, indeed, a part of their lives, their money, and their thoughts, but he isn’t allowed to control their lives. Luke 9:57-62
9. Lukewarm people love God, but they do not love Him all their heart, soul, and strength. They would be quick to assure you they try to love God that much, but that sort of total devotion isn’t really possible for the average person; its only for pastors and missionaries and radicals. Matthew 22:37-38
10. Lukewarm people love others but do not seek to love others as much as they love themselves. Their love for others is typically focused on those who love them in return, like family, friends, and other people they know and connect with. There is a little love left over for those who cannot love them back, much less for those who intentionally slight them, who kids are better athletes than theirs, or with whom conversations are awkward or uncomfortable. Their love is highly conditional and very selective, and generally comes with strings attached. Matthew 5:43-47, Luke 14:12-14
11. Lukewarm people will serve God and others, but there are limits to how far they will go or how much time, money, and energy they are willing to give. Luke 18:21-25
12. Lukewarm people think about life on earth much more often than eternity in heaven. Daily life is mostly focused on today’s to-do list, this week’s schedule, and next month’s vacation. Rarely, if ever do they intently consider the life to come. Philippians 3:18-20
13. Lukewarm people are thankful for their luxuries and comforts, and rarely consider trying to give as much as possible to the poor. Matthew 25:34, 40, Isaiah 58:6-7
14. Lukewarm people do whatever is necessary to keep themselves from feeling too guilty. They want to do the bare minimum, to be “good enough” without requiring too much of them. 1 Chronicles 29:14, Matthew 13:44-46
15. Lukewarm people are continually concerned with playing it safe; they are slaves to the god of control. This focus on safe living keeps them sacrificing and risking for God. Matthew 10:28
16. Lukewarm people feel secure because they attend church, made a profession of faith at age twelve, were baptized, come from a Christian family, vote Republican, or live in America.
17. Luke warm people do not live by faith; their lives are structured so they never have to. They don’t have to trust God if something unexpected happens-they have their savings account. They don’t need God to help them—they have their retirement plan in place. They don’t genuinely seek out what life God would have them live—they have life figured and mapped out. They don’t depend on God on a daily basis-their refrigerators are full and, for the most part, they are in good health. The truth is, their lives wouldn’t look much different if they suddenly stopped believing in God. Luke 12:16-21
18. Lukewarm people probably drink and swear less than average, but besides that, they really aren’t very different from your typical unbeliever. They equate their partially sanitized lives with holiness, but they couldn’t be more wrong. Matthew 23:25-28, Luke 14:34-35
Look at that gorgeous smile! :)
And this is not me tryna be humble or in any way condescending myself. This is me being real because like or not, there aint no good or bad person, only sinners in this planet. Who’s to say we’re good when even the best person falter, give in to temptations, fall into webs of deception.
You are the only exception.
“Be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people. Look beyond what is in front of you.”
For some reason, something just didnt sit right the past week. Couldnt put a finger to that seemingly melancholic feeling. In fact, i foresee myself carrying the spillover effect into the brand new week with me. UGH.
Just needed a space to rant it out. Ok im done.
ohgoodLord wont You come and take these ill-causing feelings all away?
all my love.
I tell you the truth..
standing on the pulpit, surrounded by four walls, protected from the outside world, being that standard model religious person is well, much easier for me.
But remove the pulpit, tear down those walls, submerge the entire being amongst the waves of this world, suddenly being a Christian becomes a conscious decision, for many moments in a day in fact.
Today serves as a reminder that irregardless of how bad we feel about ourselves or how pathetic our lives seem to us in our perceived vision, there’s this ONE person who died and died for us not to waste the days and years on hopeless whining and lifeless living.
He who is sinless bore ALL our sins, past present and future. All for that one reason - LOVE.
God needed no persuasion to send His son to save us.
God needed no persuasion to bless and bless you/i lavishly, exceedingly abundantly.
This is a story of scandalous grace and a relentless pursuit of LOVE.
And who knew, who knew i could have a story like this i call my own:)
Happy Easter ♥
Sucha big self realization. So those BIG dreams may come across as a lil over the top or intimidating for our human mind to comprehend but not to HIM that’s for sure.
Radical doesnt seem to far off because we’re called to be different, not safe.
“sonder; the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.”
To a better year ahead. One where we may have discernment to make the right choices over convenience or comfort each time. The past year might have came and gone and perhaps im tempted to look back with strife, thinking and wishing there were more i could do. But I figured instead of living in self-regret, might as well make the best of what i should do/have for the people who have my heart and around me. All’s not lost because i firmly believe that whatever fruits of 2012 has been locked in thy heart. And come 2013, I declare the goodness and grace of God over thyself and over whoever you may be :)
The race aint over. Let’s live lovin’.
HAPPIEST BLESSED 2013!
keep in mind that you gotta have time to love and to love those around you
all my love.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Part Duo
***Please play your own favourite song for this. Song is not included ;)***
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Part UNO.